<< JULY 2017 >>
| || || || || || ||1|
| AUGUST 2017
| || ||1||2||3||4||5|
| SEPTEMBER 2017
| || || || || ||1||2|
|Yin Yoga & Anatomy Immersion with William Wong & Rana Pankaj|
13-21 August Chevron House
|About the Immersion|
Yin Yoga is a style of practice that is growing in popularity. Having the skills necessary to lead proper and effective Yin classes will not only create new possibilities for teaching, but will also empower you with proven techniques to make a difference in the lives of others. This course is not a regular teacher training programme -instead, the focus is on giving existing teachers from various backgrounds an in-depth run-through for leading proper and effective Yin Yoga classes.
Non-teachers will also benefit greatly from such learning techniques to improve their personal practice and obtain a deeper understanding of the science of yoga.
This programme meets the requirements for Yoga Alliance 30-hour Continuing Education Training (CET).
Open to any and all who want to learn more about Yin Yoga. Participants are required to be in good health, open and committed to learning, and have a regular Yin Yoga practice prior to attending.
Workshop taught in English.
|Schedule & Description|
|Yin Yoga & Anatomy Immersion|
13 & 14, 20 & 21 August
Weekends (7.5 hours per day)
13 & 14, 20 & 21 August
9:00am - 12:30pm - (total 3.5hrs)
1:30pm - 5:30pm - (total 4hrs)
(4 days over 2 weekends, total 30 hours)
• Break it down
- Uncover the history, teaching methodology and benefits of Yin Yoga.
• Knowledge is power
- In-depth study of anatomy on the skeletal and muscular systems, review each pose category for holistic practice, and analyze sequencing variety of yin classes.
• Get the most out of practice
- Learn how to avoid common mistakes, reduce the risk of injury, and maximize the effectiveness of the practice.
• Timing is everything
- Explore special sequencing for 60-, 75-, 90-min classes.
• Inspire confidence
- An A-Z approach to instruction, using your voice and body language to generate a powerful class experience.
• Practice makes perfect
- Practice teaching and get personal coaching on instruction.
• Helping others
- Learn adjustments and assists suitable for Yin practice, along with tools for special-needs students.
|FULL WORKSHOP: |
Yin Yoga & Anatomy Immersion
Total 30 hours
- Early-price 20%: S$530.72 (inclusive of GST) (ends 23 July)
- Regular price: S$663.40 (inclusive of GST)
Terms & Conditions
Photos and video may be taken by Pure employees, solely for Pure marketing purposes.
· Please note prices includes 7% GST
Early-bird 20% discount:
· Early-bird discount ends 23 July 2016. Please see above for listed prices.
· No refund or credit will be given for cancellation starting 23July 2016.
· All refunds are subject to a 10% processing fee that will be deducted from your refund.
Special offer from Pure Apparel:
· 20% off all Pure Apparel retail products for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
· This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
· This promotion can only be used for one transaction.
· This promotion is non-transferable and non-refundable.
To register, please contact Chevron House studio or see reception.
|About William Wong|
|Originally from Malaysia, William graduated in Computer Science and worked in IT for about 10 years before embarking on his yoga journey. Due to a knee injury in 2004, he started the practice of yoga as a form of therapy. Since then, yoga has become an integral part of his life.|
William is very grateful to have studied with his teacher Patrick Creelman in 2006 at Pure Yoga's first ever Teacher Training in Hong Kong. It has established a solid foundation that he shares and inspires with in his teaching. In 2007 and 2010, he continued his yoga studies with Gandhar Mandlik at Yoga Vidya Gurkul, Nashik, India. It has deepened his understanding of the tradition of yoga, which has helped to advance his practice and teaching. He is also thankful to the students who continue to inspire him to teach and learn.
William's classes can be simple yet challenging, relaxing yet engaging. He believes that all forms of yoga should be therapy for the physical and mental. Through his teachings, he hopes to cultivate better awareness in students and help them to realise their unlimited potential.
|Hailing from New Delhi, Pankaj loves sports and enjoys being outdoors. He was introduced to yoga by his brother in his early teenage years. He was naturally drawn to yoga given his love for physical activities, and the space and natural surroundings of outdoor yoga practice was a liberating experience for young Pankaj.|
Unlike others, Pankaj is not influenced by any one particular teacher or yoga lineage. The yoga path he has taken is very much an ongoing self-discovery process. Pankaj's thirst for knowledge led him to enrol in the world-famous yoga school, the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre in Kerala, Southwest India. The Yoga Teacher Training course in 2005 equipped him with more than just a solid foundation in hatha yoga, pranayama, deep meditation techniques and yoga philosophy - it also made him realise that regular practice of breathing techniques and meditation could bring him immense bliss, peace and calm. This discovery became his motivation to serve others on his yoga journey.
Pankaj's teaching style can be described as a sincere and straightforward approach, structured and suitable for all levels. At the end of his class, his students always feel that they want to come back for more. His philosophy in life is simple - be a better person today than yesterday. To him, every day is a new experience to be cherished; every person he encounters has something to teach him; and every setback has a lesson he can learn from. Awareness, contemplation and self-reflection of one's own actions facilitate this process. His students are his best teachers. Seeing them improve over time and reap benefits from yoga practice inspires him profoundly and brings immeasurable joy.
If you have any questions about our events, please email our events team here.
Level 4 Chevron House
30 Raffles Place
T +65 6304 2268
F +65 6438 1728